Implementing a scrap recycling plan for your business can increase business revenue, help you to do your part to be green, and reduce the amount of waste you have on your property, as well as free up space in the process. But before you start recycling your scrap, there are few important things to know. Here are some scrap metal tips and information for businesses–
Tips and Things to Know About Recycling Scrap
In order to make the most of your scrap metal recycling operation, be sure to follow the following tips and make the most of the below information about scrap recycling–
- Know how to get the best prices. It’s likely that the biggest reason you’re interested in scrap recycling is that recycling your scrap can yield profits. But if you don’t know how to get the best price for your scrap, you’re missing out on a big opportunity. The first step is to find a trusted and experienced scrap recycler with a good reputation. From there, you may be able to maximize your profits by sorting scrap yourself (organized by type), waiting until you have a full load to call for pick up, or/and delivering scrap yourself.
- Know what you can recycle (and why you should). Another important part of smart scrap recycling is knowing what you can recycle, and why recycling is so important. The good news is that you can recycle both ferrous and non-ferrous materials, which means you shouldn’t be tossing any metal without getting it checked out by a scrap processor first.
- Try the magnet test. If you’re handling the sorting of ferrous vs. non-ferrous materials on your own, you may be wondering how exactly you can tell the difference between these two materials types. One of the easiest ways is to use a magnet. If the magnet sticks, it’s probably ferrous!
- Avoid scrap businesses with a bad reputation. One of the most important things when recycling scrap is to ensure that you partner with a scrap recycling company with a good reputation; working with a business that’s inexperienced or has terrible client reviews may end up costing you time and money. Do your homework to find a trusted company.
- Consider working with a trusted scrap recycler that offers on-site scrap management. Finally, you should consider working with a scrap processing company that offers on-site scrap management. This means that all of your scrap will be sorted, loaded, processed, etc. on site, which can be extremely convenient for your company, especially if you’re constantly generating a large amount of scrap. A company that offers on-site scrap management services and transportation and logistics services is ideal.
Learn More About Our Scrap Recycling Operation Today
At Scrap Metal Services, LLC, we have been in business for over a decade, and have quickly risen to one of the global leaders in scrap processing. Offering a multitude of scrap services, we want to be your go-to company for all of your scrap processing needs.
To learn more about our services, please contact our Burnham, Illinois location today at 708-730-1400, or contact us online at your convenience.